CERTIFICATE OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE – CREATIVE WRITING
Certificate of Professional Practice – Creative Writing
Accredited by London Teacher Training College (LTTC, UK)
The course teaches the basic elements of story-writing. It uses Concept Maps to plan and write creative original stories. The 5 Senses and Questioning techniques are taught to spice up writing. A “teaching tool box” is provided useful for lesson plans and as models for students to emulate. Teachers will not only think of pen and paper but bring out their sense of humour as well.
To impart effective teaching techniques on how to write creatively and see stories of students develop, including those as young as pre-school.
- Be transformed inevitably into a more creative writer AND teacher
- Foster the joy of creative writing in children
- Experience developing, stories, poems, and other creative pieces from own imagination use concept maps for brainstorming and planning for creative writing
- Concept Maps
- Literary Devices
- Whole Brain Learning
- Poetry Free flow Writing
- Story Structure
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom Presentation / Participation
- Forum Participation
- Lesson Planning
- Practicum / Practical Examination
- Written Theory Examination
Part-time study. 8 weeks in total, 1 session a week, 4 hours per session.
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from the School
Upon successful completion of all lessons, Practical Examination and Theory Examination, candidates will be awarded a Certificate of Professional Practice – Creative Writing accredited by London Teacher Training College, along with a Transcript.