CERTIFICATE OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE – MUSIC AND MOVEMENT
Certificate of Professional Practice – Music & Movement
Accredited by London Teacher Training College (LTTC, UK)
This course provides direct movement & music experiences, lectures, and readings. The concepts, games and methods introduced can also be used as effective educational tools in teaching Science, Mathematics, English, History, Art and other subjects. Participants will be able to teach songs, rhythm patterns, rhythmic poetry and movement explorations to children. Young students will also understand the use of time, shape and energy as teachers apply the creative movement they learned and experienced during the course.
Learn the conceptual framework of music and movement and create innovative plans that integrate into classroom curriculum.
- understand the vital and necessary elements of music and movement
- be exposed to various forms of music, movement, rhythm and dance
- learn how to teach creative movement, coordination and muscle control to children
- integrate concepts of music and movement into other disciplines from elementary to secondary levels.
- Benefits of Music and Movement
- Music & Movement as Curriculum Connectors
- Music & Rhythm
- Introduction to World Dances
- Educational Gym
- Cooperative Activities
- Safe Dance Practices
- Brain Dance
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom Presentation / Participation
- Forum Participation
- Lesson Planning
- Practicum / Practical Examination
- Written Theory Examination
Part-time study. 8 weeks in total, 1 session a week, 4 hours per session.
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from the School
Upon successful completion of all lessons, Practical Examination and Theory Examination, candidates will be awarded a Certificate of Professional Practice – Music and Movement accredited by London Teacher Training College, along with a Transcript.