CERTIFICATE OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE – PHONETICS AND PHONOLOGY
Certificate of Professional Practice – Phonetics & Phonology
Accredited by London Teacher Training College (LTTC, UK)
Phonetics is the branch of Linguistics devoted to the study of speech sounds. This course will classify and describe sounds of speech used in all natural languages. The study includes how a speaker produces speech sounds (physiological or articulatory phonetics) and how they function in languages to convey meaning (linguistic phonetics or phonology).
Teach fundamental principles in improving the participants’ language comprehension and business communication skills so as to achieve personal development and better career prospects.
- acquire the fundamentals of articulation, diction and enunciation,
- be familiar with the rubrics of IPA,
- be able to improve the quality of spoken English, and
- be equipped to carry out Phonetics lessons to different age groups
- Introduction to Phonetics
- Articulation, Clear and Proper Speech vs Slovenly Speech
- Vowels and Consonants Usage and Application
- Place & Manner of articulation and degrees of stricture
- Word and Sentence Stress
- Intonation, Elision, Assimilation & Linking
- Phonemic Transcriptions
- The International Phonetic Alphabet
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom Presentation / Participation
- Forum Participation
- Lesson Planning
- Practicum / Practical Examination
- Written Theory Examination
Part-time study. 7 weeks in total, 1 session a week, 4 hours per session.
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from the School
Upon successful completion of all lessons, Practical Examination and Theory Examination, candidates will be awarded a Certificate of Professional Practice – Phonetics and Phonology accredited by London Teacher Training College, along with a Transcript.