CERTIFICATE OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE – SPEECH DEVELOPMENT AND CREATIVE DRAMA
Certificate of Professional Practice – Speech Development & Creative Drama
Accredited by London Teacher Training College (LTTC, UK)
This introductory course explores a greater depth on the application of Speech and Drama pedagogy in the classroom. It is used as a tool for learning other subjects and emphasises on the necessity of Critical Reflection, both for learners and teachers. This first module is a pre-requisite to the 2nd Module, Speech and Drama in Action leading to the 3- Module Diploma in Speech and Drama.
Suggest new ideas and know-how in teaching basic and introductory speech and drama lessons in a fun and more effective ways as well as provide fresh games, problem-solving exercises, and small or large group activities to stimulate children’s interests.
- develop knowledge, understanding, skills & ability to develop lesson plans for Speech Development and Creative Drama (Speech & Drama) in early childhood & Primary 1-6 education
- get familiar with conceptual framework where they can create original lesson plans
- teach, supervise and guide preschoolers & primary levels using effective children enrichment strategies that will instill in young children a desire to learn and acquire skills and develop a resilient spirit that will prepare them for life’ challenges and changes.
- What is Creative Drama?
- Spontaneous self-expression
- Development of creative thinking and observation skills
- Honing of Psychomotor skills and awareness of space through the use of body movement
- Confidence building for the shy
- Empathy for and appreciation of diversity in thought and expression
- An experience of positive feelings
- Discipline, Turn-taking, Teamwork and Social skills
- English Language and Literature appreciation
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom Presentation / Participation
- Forum Participation
- Lesson Planning
- Practicum / Practical Examination
- Written Theory Examination
Part-time study. 8 weeks in total, 1 session a week, 4 hours per session.
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from the School
Upon successful completion of all lessons, Practical Examination and Theory Examination, candidates will be awarded a Certificate of Professional Practice – Speech Development and Creative Drama accredited by London Teacher Training College, along with a Transcript.