DIPLOMA OF EDUCATIONAL STUDIES – CREATIVE LANGUAGE ARTS
Diploma of Educational Studies - Creative Language Arts
Accredited by London Teacher Training College (LTTC, UK)
The course emphasized on the visual, auditory & kinesthetic aspects of teaching young learners, to hone their decoding strategies and literacy skills in learning. A plenitude of approaches was shared in the principles of oral enunciation, grammatical usage, confidence building, and different teaching styles. The oral component tackled the art of presentation focusing on pronunciation, projection and word recognition skills for beginning readers. The linguistic aspects included writing styles and grammatical precision. Teaching methodologies used concepts from Howard Gardner’s multiple intelligences, Benjamin Bloom’s taxonomy and even mind-mapping techniques were hence shared via fun, activity-based approaches. Learner-centered classes helped groom the participants into an all-rounded, effective yet creative teacher and/or trainer, who are able to think out-of-the-box with effective praxis of unconventional classroom techniques.
- Phonetics & Phonology
- Creative Writing
- Teaching Effective Grammar
- Effective Teaching Methodologies
- Speech Development & Creative Drama
- Curriculum Development & Instruction
- Special Educational Needs
Mode of Delivery
- Complete 3 Modules of their choice with a Pass grade or above
- Submit Dissertation Paper
Successful completion of 3 Modules with at least a Pass grade for each PLUS 1 Dissertation Paper (1,500 words).
Candidates under the programme are awarded 3 Certificates of Attendance for every module, along with a Diploma of Educational Studies – Creative Language Arts.
12 months on part-time study.
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English or
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree (all local polytechnic diplomas, WSQ certificates and diplomas, Nitec, Higher Nitec, diplomas awarded by PEIs as well as local and overseas degrees with transcripts) or
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from School. Mature candidates are candidates above the age of 50 years old.
- GCE “O” Levels with credit in English