DIPLOMA OF EDUCATIONAL STUDIES – EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION IN EDUCATION
Diploma of Educational Studies - Effective Communication in Education
Accredited by London Teacher Training College (LTTC, UK)
The emphasis of the course is training participants on effective communication for their learners’ practical application and daily use. A range of techniques and skills set in cultivating good listening skills, developing clear vocal enunciation, effective grammatical and lexicon usage, confidence building and varying teaching styles are imparted. Fundamentals of speaking and listening skills are tackled where effective listening techniques and the art of pronunciation, expression, and projection are honed as well. Physical awareness such as in gestures and body language is imparted through hands-on activities. The vocal literacy aspect includes grammatical and lexicon precision. Teaching methodologies use concepts from Benjamin Bloom’s taxonomy, Howard Gardner’s multiple intelligences and mind-mapping techniques. These are shared via fun and activity-based approaches. The trainer/ teacher will experience interactive ways in conducting Effective Communication through the learner-centered classroom structured settings.
- Phonetics & Phonology
- Public Speaking
- Teaching Effective Grammar
- Effective Teaching Methodologies
- Speech Development & Creative Drama
- Curriculum Development & Instruction
- Special Educational Needs
Mode of Delivery
- Complete 3 Modules of their choice with a Pass grade or above
- Submit Dissertation Paper
Successful completion of 3 Modules with at least a Pass grade for each PLUS 1 Dissertation Paper (1,500 words).
Candidates under the programme are awarded 3 Certificates of Attendance for every module, along with a Diploma of Educational Studies – Effective Communication in Education.
12 months on part-time study.
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English or
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree (all local polytechnic diplomas, WSQ certificates and diplomas, Nitec, Higher Nitec, diplomas awarded by PEIs as well as local and overseas degrees with transcripts) or
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from School. Mature candidates are candidates above the age of 50 years old.
- GCE “O” Levels with credit in English