DIPLOMA OF EDUCATIONAL STUDIES – ENRICHMENT ENTERPRISE
Diploma of Educational Studies - Enrichment Enterprise
Accredited by London Teacher Training College (LTTC, UK)
This course fosters enrichment fundamentals, supporting the teacher/ trainer in building the character of the participants, empowering them to be enthusiastic life-long learners. The principles the students acquire will help exercise the mental stimulation, through visual, auditory & kinesthetic means, cultivating the skills required in the development of the learners. Varied approaches are presented in the areas of oral and vocal development, effective communication skills, literacy and linguistic techniques, confidence building skills, differentiated teaching styles and innovation and entrepreneurship knowledge. The essentials in speech and communication will be honed. Creative thinking such as the definitude usage of grammar and lexis will be exercised as well as peer mentoring techniques and teamwork skills in teambuilding. Teaching methodologies are based from Howard Gardner’s multiple intelligences, mind-mapping techniques and even differentiation are shared via fun, activity-based approaches. Fundamentals in innovation & entrepreneurship skills are imparted such as sales and marketing skills, financial know-how, self-motivation skills, time-management skills and administration skills. As classes focus on learners’ needs, the trainer/ teacher learn interactive ways in which the principles of enrichment are utilized in a classroom setting.
- Phonetics & Phonology
- Creative Writing
- Public Speaking
- Music & Movement
- Teaching Effective Grammar
- Effective Teaching Methodologies
- Speech Development & Creative Drama
- Speech & Drama in Action
- Drama in Education
- Early Literacy & Reading Comprehension
- Curriculum Development & Instruction
- Special Educational Needs
Mode of Delivery
- Complete 3 Modules of their choice with a Pass grade or above
- Submit Dissertation Paper
Successful completion of 3 Modules with at least a Pass grade for each PLUS 1 Dissertation Paper (1,500 words).
Candidates under the programme are awarded 3 Certificates of Attendance for every module, along with a Diploma of Educational Studies – Enrichment Enterprise.
12 months on part-time study.
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English or
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree (all local polytechnic diplomas, WSQ certificates and diplomas, Nitec, Higher Nitec, diplomas awarded by PEIs as well as local and overseas degrees with transcripts) or
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from School. Mature candidates are candidates above the age of 50 years old.
- GCE “O” Levels with credit in English