DIPLOMA OF EDUCATIONAL STUDIES – SPEECH AND DRAMA
Diploma of Educational Studies - Speech and Drama
Accredited by London Teacher Training College (LTTC, UK)
This course focuses on the 3-tier professional development of the fundamentals in speech development and creative drama. As a 3 Module programme, it offers innovative ideas as to how Speech & Drama are conducted in a fun and more effective way. Refreshing activities, games, problem-solving exercises, and differentiated class-size activities are imparted and shared. The 1st Module is an introduction to the course on spontaneous self-expression, creative thinking skills, psychomotor skills and body awareness, confidence building, approbation techniques, and English Language and literature appreciation. All these are facilitated in a multi-sensory manner, fostering the child’s brain development and learning. The 2nd Module, Speech & Drama in Action, involves exploratory concepts of drama such as cooperation with others, developing proper articulation and confidence, critical thinking, problem solving, physical exploration, scriptwriting and directing. The 3rd and final Module, Drama in Education highlights drama stylistically and realistically. It puts teaching application into practice through pedagogical means. Aspects on methodologies involve concepts from Howard Gardner’s multiple intelligences, mind-mapping techniques and even differentiation. In addition, participants are guided to apply Contemporary Drama, dramatic instructional theories and educational psychologies in their own classroom settings.
- Music & Movement
- Effective Teaching Methodologies
- Speech Development & Creative Drama
- Speech & Drama in Action
- Drama in Education
- Special Educational Needs
Mode of Delivery
- Complete 3 Modules of their choice with a Pass grade or above
- Submit Dissertation Paper
Successful completion of 3 Modules with at least a Pass grade for each PLUS 1 Dissertation Paper (1,500 words).
Candidates under the programme are awarded 3 Certificates of Attendance for every module, along with a Diploma of Educational Studies – Speech and Drama.
12 months on part-time study.
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English or
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree (all local polytechnic diplomas, WSQ certificates and diplomas, Nitec, Higher Nitec, diplomas awarded by PEIs as well as local and overseas degrees with transcripts) or
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from School. Mature candidates are candidates above the age of 50 years old.
- GCE “O” Levels with credit in English