DIPLOMA OF EDUCATIONAL STUDIES – TEACHING INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY
Diploma of Educational Studies - Teaching Innovation and Creativity
Accredited by London Teacher Training College (LTTC, UK)
The course concentrates on the harnessing of the mind to think creatively in order to implement productivity in an innovative manner. This is done through the 3-step thought-cum-action process – Inflect. React. Implement. A multitude of approaches are shared to develop the teacher/ trainer into a confident orator, equipped with a bevy of skills set in the area of effective grammar and lexicon praxis, teaching styles and techniques, cognitive processes and entrepreneurship knowledge. Essentials in creative thinking such as the definitude usage of grammar and lexis are honed. Peer mentoring techniques and teamwork skills in teambuilding are shared. Teaching methodologies use concepts from Benjamin Bloom’s Taxonomy and Howard Gardner’s multiple intelligences. The differentiation methods to cater the varied learning comprehension of students are conducted in fun and interactive activities. Fundamentals in Innovation & Entrepreneurship skills are imparted such as sales & marketing must-dos, financial know-how, self-motivation techniques, time-management and administration skills. Through the learner-centric approach, the trainer/ teacher will learn interactive ways in which the principles are conducted.
- Creative Writing
- Effective Teaching Methodologies
- Speech Development & Creative Drama
- Curriculum Development & Instruction
- Special Educational Needs
Mode of Delivery
- Complete 3 Modules of their choice with a Pass grade or above
- Submit Dissertation Paper
Successful completion of 3 Modules with at least a Pass grade for each PLUS 1 Dissertation Paper (1,500 words).
Candidates under the programme are awarded 3 Certificates of Attendance for every module, along with a Diploma of Educational Studies – Teaching Innovation and Creativity.
12 months on part-time study.
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English or
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree (all local polytechnic diplomas, WSQ certificates and diplomas, Nitec, Higher Nitec, diplomas awarded by PEIs as well as local and overseas degrees with transcripts) or
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from School. Mature candidates are candidates above the age of 50 years old.
- GCE “O” Levels with credit in English