PREPARATORY COURSE FOR DIPLOMA IN TESOL
Preparatory Course for Diploma in TESOL
Accredited by the London Teacher Training College, U.K.
The Preparatory Course for Diploma in TESOL will empower you to teach English courses locally and abroad. It equips you with effective methods in teaching the language and advances your career qualifications as well.
The programme is directly accredited by The London Teacher Training College (LTTC), established in 1984. It is written by highly trained teachers which has advanced the careers of thousands of teachers around the world.
To build a student’s competence in delivering successful English lessons to ESL students using effective teaching methods.
Students are able to:
- Know principles on which modern language teaching is based
- Equip individuals the right theories, methods and strategies in teaching English as a foreign or second language
- Teach candidates to design own lesson plans based on different learning styles, cultural backgrounds and needs of learners
- Help English teachers acquire international certification to advance their teaching careers.
– Introduction of the nature of language acquisition and different ways in how we learn a language
– What is Language for?
– Language teaching principles and methodologies
– Language teaching for different learner styles and needs
Linguistics and Language Teaching
– Phonological, lexical and syntactic features of contemporary English
– Terms and definitions in teaching the language effectively
– Principles in acquiring second language
Language Teaching Methodology
– Carrying out an effective teaching plan
– Using different teaching aids and materials
– Different teaching methodologies for different language skills
Classroom Planning and Organisation
– Learning needs of individuals and groups
– Designing effective lesson plans catering to different styles and needs
– Establishing a good classroom rapport
– Classroom management and evaluation
The course is conducted over a 6 months period on a part-time study. Students meet 2 sessions per week for 4 hours per session with the trainer.
Mode of Delivery
Blended Learning – Lectures, Forum Discussion, Peer Teaching, Assignment
The performance of the candidates, in the 4 modules, would be on an assignment-based assessment by the London Teacher Training College, UK.
- Be at least 18 years old upon enrolment
- Minimum 5 “O” levels with credit in English or
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from the School
Candidates are required to submit 4 Written Essays (1 Essay per Module) and fulfil 15-min mock teaching or practical exams by the end of the programme.
Upon passing the 4 modules of this programme, they will be awarded the Diploma in TESOL, accredited by London Teacher Training College.
Qualification Framework of LTTC Diploma in TESOL
This Course leads to a Diploma Level 7 Award Certificate as recognized and approved by Training Qualifications, UK (TQUK) for successful learners.
“TQUK is pleased to be working with LTTC to endorse their qualifications and assure their quality standards. TQUK have robust quality assurance systems and procedures in place and we look forward to working with LTTC in maintaining these qualification standards.”
What is TQUK?
TQUK is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and the Welsh Government.
TQUK offers qualifications on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). Qualifications regulated by Ofqual are listed on the Register of Regulated Qualifications.
TQUK aim to provide qualifications that meet the needs of industry that are designed by leading professionals and delivered to centres and learners with integrity and compliance in mind. To accompany the qualification, TQUK provide centres with world class customer service to support in the delivery of the qualifications.