Refund is given under the following conditions.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course GIGIS will notify Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A within a stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
The Student will be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fee and Miscellaneous Fee already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1 of the Standard Student Contract version 3.1, GIGIS will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table in Schedule D of the contract. The said Schedule D reads as follows:
|% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C]||If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received:|
|75% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C]||more than  days before the Course Commencement Date|
|50% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C]||before, but not more than  days before the Course Commencement Date|
|0% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C]||after, but not more than  days after the Course Commencement Date|
|0% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C]||more than  days after the Course Commencement Date.|
Refund During Cooling-Off Period
GIGIS will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties.
The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to the school within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
The following are non-refundable:
- In circumstance where GIGIS has decided not to commence a course, the registration fee will be refunded within seven (7) working days after the student is notified, unless the student takes up alternative study arrangements with the school.
- Miscellaneous Fees paid to the school. However, a refund will be made for ‘Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course’.
Third party’s charges e.g. Bank charge, ICA Student Pass application fee and Issuing Fee.
- No refund of any fee if the student has committed an offence and is expelled by the school after due process of investigation by a Disciplinary Committee set up by the Principal.
The time taken by the School to process refund requests shall not be more than 7 working days. Prospective students/ parents of students are briefed on the Refund Policy during pre-course counselling and later again during the orientation program. Full details of the policy are also available on the school web site and student contract.
The school’s refund procedure covers the following commonly occurring situations:
- School’s non-performance
- ICA not approving the student pass
- Student changes his mind during the 7-day cooling off period
- Student’s withdrawal
The procedure for student initiated refund (due to Student’s withdrawal / change of mind during 7-day cooling period, etc.) is as follows:
- The student gives a written letter to the school requesting a refund with reasons stated.
- The school will process the letter with management.
- The school will look into the student’s eligibility for a refund. The amount of refund will be calculated and then the parent/student is shown the breakdown of the refund. The parent/student then signs an acknowledgement form.
- The school refunds the money through bank transfer to students.
The procedure for a school initiated refund (due to the school not performing) is as follows:
- When the school decides not to run the course.
- Upon receipt of written confirmation that the course will not run or that the student pass application has not been successful, Admin Office calculates the amount of refund due to the students and obtains approval from Secretary to give the refund.
- School Office refunds the money through bank transfer to parents/students within 7 working days.
The Admission Office ensures that the time taken to process the refund meets CPE requirement and does not exceed 7 working days.
The school has its refund records in hard copy. There is a payment voucher for the exact amount paid to the student, with a breakdown attached.