CERTIFICATE OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE – SPEECH AND DRAMA IN ACTION
Certificate of Professional Practice – Speech & Drama in Action
Accredited by London Teacher Training College (LTTC, UK)
This course builds on the fundamentals learnt in Speech Development and Creative Drama module and provide a bigger repertoire of games, problem-solving exercises, and small or large group activities to stimulate children’s interests. This second module is the pre-requisite to 3rd Module, Drama in Education leading to the 3-Module Diploma in Speech and Drama.
Develop the participants’ knowledge, understanding, skills & ability to develop lesson plans in Speech & Drama in early childhood, Primary and Secondary education.
- be equipped with skills to teach, supervise and guide pre-scholars, primary and secondary levels
- use effective children enrichment strategies that instills in their learners a desire to learn and acquire speech and drama skills and use them develop a resilient spirit that prepare them for life’ challenges and changes
- adapt dramatic concepts and the necessary modifications needed to cater for different age groups.
- Cooperation with others
- Building self articulation and confidence
- Analysing situations and characters
- Tableaux, Improvisations, Role-Play
- Listening with empathy Critical thinking
- Critical appreciation of various texts
- Improving concentration
- Facing and examining issues
- Problem Solving and finding concrete solutions
- Script Writing
- Directing – Choral direction, skits, movement with sounds
Mode of Delivery
- Classroom Presentation / Participation
- Forum Participation
- Lesson Planning
- Practicum / Practical Examination
- Written Theory Examination
Part-time study. 8 weeks in total, 1 session a week, 4 hours per session.
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from the School
Upon successful completion of all lessons, Practical Examination and Theory Examination, candidates will be awarded a Certificate of Professional Practice – Speech and Drama in Action accredited by London Teacher Training College, along with a Transcript.