DIPLOMA OF EDUCATIONAL STUDIES – PHONICS & EARLY LITERACY
Diploma of Educational Studies - Phonics & Early Literacy
Accredited by London Teacher Training College (LTTC, UK)
The course emphasises on the basic decoding strategies to help beginning readers determine oral equivalent of a written word, context, sight-word association and phonic knowledge. It provides techniques on how to effectively develop children’s early literacy skills. Teaching strategies cover syllabication processes, syntax, semantics and concept checking questions to determine learning progress of each student. The programme also highlights proper pronunciation skills of teachers. It deals with correct production of speech and sound patterns of the English language. Structured classroom and training activities provides participants with extensive repertoire of games and problem-solving exercises best for small and big groups of students to stimulate their interests. The training also prepares them to independently generate more creative ideas when faced with learning challenges for different types of learners.
- Early Literacy & Reading Comprehension
- Phonetics & Phonology
- Special Educational Needs
Mode of Delivery
- Complete 3 Modules of their choice with a Pass grade or above
- Submit Dissertation Paper
Successful completion of 3 Modules with at least a Pass grade for each PLUS 1 Dissertation Paper (1,500 words).
Candidates under the programme are awarded 3 Certificates of Attendance for every module, along with a Diploma of Educational Studies – Phonics and Early Literacy.
12 months on part-time study.
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English or
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree (all local polytechnic diplomas, WSQ certificates and diplomas, Nitec, Higher Nitec, diplomas awarded by PEIs as well as local and overseas degrees with transcripts) or
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from School. Mature candidates are candidates above the age of 50 years old.
- GCE “O” Levels with credit in English